Skyline Products is adding an experienced Mechanical Design/Project Engineer to the Product Design Department. This position will work individually and as part of a team to develop new products, support existing products, test and evaluate equipment, and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Structural design
- Internal thermal performance
- Wind loading performance
- Materials engineering
- Reliability and manufacturability design
- Electro-mechanical design
- Documentation of designs (i.e. assembly instructions, manuals, etc.)
- Proven working experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Practical and theoretical background in wire harness/cable routing and enclosure design, manufacturing, and applications
- Software skills preferably in solid modeling, CAD (SolidWorks and 3DVia), FEA (thermal and/or mechanical), Microsoft Excel and other engineering design tools
- Written and verbal communication skills with internal team members and external customers
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment, occasionally working on the manufacturing floor evaluating designs
- Ability to build peer relationships with mechanical engineering and electrical engineering disciplines as well as manufacturing personnel
- Action-oriented and ethical mindset with a strong customer focus
- Experience with projects involved in solving unique technical problems
- Experience in electrical fundamentals, finite element stress and/or thermal analysis and vibration theory and analysis
- Experience with M2M or equivalent ERP software
Some minimal travel may be required.
Skyline Products has a competitive benefits package including 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision and more.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.