Skyline is currently looking for a C/C++ Embedded Software Engineer with Linux & hardware interface experience.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Provide post-production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- Validate products against standards documents
- Create test documentation/procedures and test/validation programs
- Work with and support production and customer service
- 3+ years working experience in Software Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C and C++
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Experience with networking technologies and protocols (snmp, RS-232, RS-485, SPI, TCP/IP, UDP, HDLC) at a low level
- Experience performing basic (Linux) network administration work
- Python experience a plus
Some minimal travel may be required.
Skyline has a competitive benefits package including 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision and more.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.